Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Manos del Uruguay; Lorna's Laces; alpaca, and almost anything by Cherry Tree Hill. Please no acrylic or fun fur or novelty yarns.


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have storage containers for them. But, of course I have lots more needles than I have storage. Therefore, I have a nice arrangement of "needles" in flower vases in my kitchen. They look so great in the antique vases.


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started knitting as a child, about 8 years old. I am advanced.


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no


5. What's your favorite scent? Patchouli or Sandlewood. No florals and definitely nothing that smells like baking.


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Godiva Chocolates or other fine chocolate would be my fav.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not like to spin. I weave and knit and I do very intricate beadwork. I am a member of the Obsessive Compulsive Bead Workers of PA...seriously, I am.


8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Prefer Classical music, and also love Appalachian Mountain music.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I don't like pastels or soft colors much. I like strong color.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Been married since 1961. Five children are grown. We have 7 grand children, and 3 great grand children. Two cats (Blaise and Angel), one guinea pig (Sparkles), one mineature bunny (Lunesta). I LOVE animals!


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, ykes, yes, and yes.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Things I can WEAR.


13. What are you knitting right now? Multiple projects: Items for Christmas gifts for 2007; a poncho out of Cherry Tree Hill's Baby Loop; a bolero jacket from Moda Dea "Pebbles" yarn; two pair of socks with yarns I brought from Austria last summer; a Kimono jacket out of Moonlight Mohair...and probably a few more UFOs I am not remembering at the moment.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely!


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Lantern Moon needles, and Skacel Addi Turbo needles are my favorites. I only have a couple pairs of them.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes and Yes


17. How old is your oldest UFO? About 10 months or so. I plan to finish it in the next week.


18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas


19. Is there anything that you collect? Zuni Fetishes; Puerto Rican Santos; Fine Yarns; Hazel Atlas dishes; Ruby Red Viking Glass wear; ANY Viking Art Glass objects; Green Santa Clause figures; Knitting Needles; and more....yes, I do collect. My oh My, do I collect!


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Knit & Style magazine. I love most any knitting magazine and often pick up issues when I am shopping.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? ? Not sure - I enjoy anything challenging.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not a lot - I have only knitted two pair of socks this year. But, I have 2 more on the needles. I do love them but I also love doing more visable products that I can wear that get a LOT of attention. I wear size 8 shoe size.


23. When is your birthday? August 27th

No comments: