Monday, January 15, 2007

The Russian Spiral

Let's do the....
RUSSIAN SPIRAL







This bracelet is by Janie Warnack and is done in the Russian Spiral. Here is her site for more photos, instructions: http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/janiesbeads/org_basicbeads.html

I attended the Obsessive Compulsive Bead Workers of Pennsylvania meeting yesterday afternoon. It was my first meeting since joining the group last summer. I had a blast there will fellow bead workers and addicts like myself.

The project we worked on yesterday was the Russian Spiral.
I came home so excited because I "got it." Here is a website where you can see the Russian Spiral and get directions. It is so beautiful and I can't wait to work on it again today. http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/janiesbeads/gift.html This is what it looks like. It is a spiral
that radiates around the bracelet or necklace that you create. If you like to read instructions
in Russian, then click on this link for directions for the Russian Spiral. http://www.df.aha.ru/anya/lessons_fiol_shnur.shtml

I just loved learning how to do this and I loved my first meeting of the OCBWP group. I can't wait to join them in February. This group meets monthly and each session involves some teaching of techniques which will be fantastic for me. I wish I could find a group like this for Obsessive Compulsive Knitters, too. I need to be involved with other OC people.

Since today is our national holiday to celebrate the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. I have no classes to teach. That means I get a holiday to KNIT and work on my Russian Spiral bracelet today. I think I will knit on the two wash cloths I am making out of Lion Brand Cotton in Wedgewood and Spruce colors. I have finished the 2 dish towels I was working on, and now I am making the wash cloths to match. This project is on my list of UFOs that I have committed to finishing up during the stashalong project. See my previous posts on that.

Another project I am working on is the poncho out of Cherry Tree Hill Baby Loop Yarn that I brought home from Vermont in October. It is going slowly, as this yarn is tricky to work with, but it is very lofty and beautiful to the touch as it makes up into a fabric.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That piece of jewelry is gorgeous! Glad I found time to come in and catch up with you.