I will post the questions here, along with MY responses to them. Now, my "upstream Pal" will be consulting my list and she will be shopping for ME. I think this sounds like so much fun. I love surprises and I love to give gifts and receive gifts. I will really enjoy this project.
Favorite Color Swap Questionnaire
1. What are your top three favorite colors?
At the TIP TOP of my FAVORITES LIST is the ORANGE family. I love the color and I love the word. I like every shade of orange that is imaginable. But my all time favorite color is YELLOW-ORANGE. But I love the entire range from Yellow-Orange to Deep Russets.
Second on my list would be AQUA. I love Aqua Blue colors such as in Turquoise stones from Arizona.
Third on my list would be BLUE-VIOLET.
2. What crafts do you really enjoy?
I really would never call myself a “crafter.” I am an artist who likes to knit and I approach everything from a fine art point of view rather than a crafter view. There IS a philosophical difference between crafting and art and it is a very deep one. For me, it is Knitting, knitting, knitting. I have been knitting since I was a young child and nothing captivates me like knitting. I love knitting, weaving, working with beads (weaving them).
3. What products do you really covet?
Fine yarns. I could go crazy shopping in a yarn store because I want to buy everything I see there. I can’t stop touching them all and looking at all the colors. I am the same way with luxurious beads such as Murano glass from Venice; Swarovski crystal from Austria; Bohemian crystal and Amber from Czech Republic.
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?
I have two studios.
The largest one is for beadwork, painting, and bookmaking. In this one is all my canvases, beads, paints, and papers.
The other is for weaving and fiber art. I have a Macomber loom in this one, and my sewing machine, and my STASH of yarn.
5. Is there anything you collect? My OH My! Do I collect?
Here are a FEW of the things I collect:
Zuni Fetishes, Puerto Rican Santos, Art (paintings, pottery, sculpture), books of contemporary poetry, books on African American poetry, books on contemporary art, Hazel Atlas dinnerware, Viking Glass…and more.
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol? Virgo but I am not into that at all.
7.What are your favorite……scents/smells?
Favorite scent for bathing is Patcholi,
Favorite Perfumes are Estee Lauder’s White Linen, Cool Water, and Angel…
types of music and/or bands? Classical, Appalachian Mountain Folk Music…
authors? Annie Dillard, Robert Bly, Yusef Komunyakaa, Rita Dove…
places to shop? Neiman Marcus and yarn shops…
yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? Kid mohair yarns are my favorite.
I love the bloom of them.…and the feel and the colors
candies or goodies? Expensive chocolates and licorace from German Candy shops
8. Do you have any wish lists? I turn my wishes into goals and go get them. Nothing comes to mind right now that I can think of. I am pretty content with life at the moment and really don't have any strong desires or wishes. Contentment is good.
9. Are you allergic to anything? Don’t think so
10. Do you have any pets? Yes, I love my 2 cats, Angel and Blaise. I am definitely a CAT person. I like dogs but have no desire to own one, at least not right now. They require far too much attention and human interaction.
11. My greatest passions in life are in the fine arts. I am wild about art and poetry.