Friday, July 21, 2006

Lilac Yarn


I received my JUNE GIFT from my SECRET PAL for the One-Skein Secret Pal Exchange. http://www.oneskein.com

The photo is of a skein of FEZIA Kid Mohair, made in Italy.

I absolutely LOVE my gift. Thank you, Secret Pal! You could not have chosen a yarn I would enjoy more than this. This color is so soft and luscious with a shimmer of silver running very quietly throughout. The yarn is so soft you want to reach out and just touch it. I have never worked with a "kid mohair" before and look forward to making something from this skein. I am thinking it will be a "feather and Fan" lace scarf.

Want to make a FEATHER AND FAN SCARF? Here is the pattern for it.


Materials:
YARN - worsted weight, 2 skeins
NEEDLES - US size 7 needles
GAUGE - 5 sts per inch in pattern st.
SIZE - When finished and laid out flat, the piece measures 7 in. wide and 80 in. long.

DIRECTIONS -
Cast on 36 sts.

PATTERN -
Begin pattern. Pattern is a multiple of 18 sts.
Row 1: (RS) knit.
Row 2: purl.
Row 3: *(k2tog) 3 times, (yo, k1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times* rep between *s to end. Row
4: knit.

Repeat rows 1-4 until scarf is 80 inches long or desired length. End with row 4 of pattern, and then bind off knitwise. Weave in ends and block.

No comments: