Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton






- The Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Project -


It is around 11 p.m. and I have just finished the SURSA shawl that is in the book, Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton Hand Knitting Collection, Book Number two. It is knitted out of Noro's Silk Garden with a ruffled edge out of Cash Iroha. The pattern specifies that double yarn is used throughout the entire piece. It moves along rather fast when you are knitting it because it is on Size 15 needles and the yarn double strand.

I first saw this piece at the Pittsburgh Knitting Festival ( http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06052/658522.stm ) last February. One of the yarn vendors was wearing it and I just had to have one for myself. As I searched through a table of books at the festival, I found the pattern in the Hamilton book. Later on, I visited one of my favorite yarn stores, Yarns Unliminted in Sewickley, PA where I found the Noro yarns I used for this shawl. (http://www.post-gazette.com/lifestyle/20031207ggyarnshopsp8.asp)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That shawl is gorgeous and looks lovely on you too! Very flattering! I'd love to see it laid out flat so I can see the edging.