Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy September 1st




Happy September FIRST to everyone.

Today I will be traveling up into the Allegheny Mountains of Western PA. We'll be there for a few days, enjoying our holiday on the river in our little red canoe. I am taking my knitting along and plan to finish up my first "Knit for Kids" sweater for this year's donation to that project. The knitting is finished and now I must sew it together. I have already started another one. My goal is to do two for the project.

In addition to my knitting, I have packed up some bead work projects to keep me occupied. I am doing some kick A** pieces of encrusted beadwork and can barely stand to put them down I get so excited with them. This has turned into a passion.

In the photo we are enjoying the beginning of the summer on the Allegheny River. These special times are important for the soul. I find solitude and time apart from my daily routine so satisfying. There is peace and joy in being with family, working in my studio, teaching my grand children how to "make things." And more.

Peace and joy to you.

I was wondering, what YOU do for your soul? I would love to hear from you.

No comments: