Tuesday, December 12, 2006



Chrstimas MEME


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Egg Nog
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Wraps, Wraps, Wraps, and Wraps some more
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
WHITE LIGHTS in windows, no lights on the vintage Aluminum tree
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
NO, I don’t hang anything really. I quit doing extensive decorating a few years ago.
It is much nicer this way. No stress, just enjoyment of the season.
5. When do you put up your decorations?
Around the 15th of December or later
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
ROASTED VEGTABLES
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
SNOW- and the sound of Santa’s reindeer on the rooftop as I lay awake in bed
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
NO. Christmas Eve is quiet here. Our celebration is on Christmas Day with family coming here from all over…our house is lively and fun.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas tree?
Vintage glass balls on the 60s silver Aluminum tree. I have four of these trees.
I guess I must “collect” them.
11. Snow!
Love it or dread it?
LOVE to look out the window and see Snow all over the neighborhood
12. Can you ice skate?
Not really, at my age???? You can’t be serious!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
The doll who got a cracked face shortly after I received her
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
SPENDING TIME WITH LOVED ONES and having the family come home for Christmas to be with us. And, being at home where I can knit and make jewelry all I want since I have a little break between semesters
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
In my memories it is my Grandmother Kirker’s German cookies, and my Aunt Jeanne’s Orange Cookies with orange frosting, and my Mother’s crispy sugar cookies.
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Making hand knitted gifts for people whom I love
17. What tops your tree?
Nothing. I keep it minimal
18. What is your favorite holiday book?
I like a short story, “A Christmas Memory” by Truman Capote –
I have the film and a copy of the story
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
“SILENT NIGHT” because I have visited the village in Austria
where it was first perfomed in a very tiny church in the center of the village.
I like most any Christmas music and especially love Handel's Messiah.
20. Candy canes?
I like the candy cane cookies best – used to make them when I had children at home
and before I was aware of the health hazards of sweets.

No comments: