Monday, June 19, 2006

Arrivals and Departures


I arrived home on Sunday evening after spending most of the week at the West Virginia State Folk Music Festival. What a wonderful time I had there. It is my second year to attend this festival in Glenville, WV. I am one of the artists who has a tent and participate in the artist's market, selling my handmade jewelry. My calendar is already marked off for next year's festival. It will be the 58th Annual. I met another knitter there and we had a number of friendly chats about our knitting. She spotted me sitting there knitting one day and that led to a wonderful conversation with a new friend.



Another arrival to report - my new knitting books had arrived while I was in WV. My great granddaughter and I anxiously opening the boxes and took turns looking through them. It was Christmas in June!

I will depart tomorrow for a trip to Austria and Germany that I do every summer. I have my bags packed and my knitting projects ready to take along. I have knitting ready for taking on the flight over in my carry on bag. And, packed in my check in bag is the directions and needles for the Irish Walking Scarf. I will buy the yarn for it when I arrive in my village and begin working on it there. I joined the knitalong for the Irish Walking Scarf recently so I intend to post photos of my progress on that site once I get it going.

No comments: